Marble Surface

Holy Trinity Academy

Calabash Road, Balic-Balic, Sampaloc, Manila 1008

Holy Trinity Academy
Holy Trinity Academy

Rev. Fr. Marion C. Munda, Ph. D.

DIRECTOR

Holy Trinity Academy

Rev. Fr. Leo Angelo S. Ignacio

Assistant Director

ABOUT

The Holy Trinity Academy has emerged through the years as one of the biggest and most successful parochial schools in the Archdiocese of Manila. Starting with a small Kindergarten class in June 1947, the school presently serves a student population of close to 3,000 in its preparatory, elementary and high school departments.


THE EARLY BUILDERS AND SHEPHERDS

The school was founded by the late Fr. Bernardo Torres. He was succeeded by Msgr. Francisco Avendaño in 1955 and later on by Fr. Felix Ignacio.

In 1958, the late Rufino Cardinal Santos turned over the management of the school to the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians popularly known as the Salesian Sisters. They set up co-educational classes from Kindergarten to Grade 4 and exclusive section for girls in Grades 5 and 6. The boy pupils who finished Grade 4 had to transfer to other schools.

In 1962, Msgr. Isidro L. Jose was appointed as parish priest. He pursued the task of accommodating all children of school age; thus, in 1964, the Holy Trinity Boys Department came into existence. Its supervision was entrusted to lay administrators while the Girl’s Department remained under the Salesian sisters.

In the school year 1972-1973, the Boys’ Department started co-educational kindergarten classes. It then accepted in the ensuing curriculum year female enrollees in its grade school and high school departments. Thus in 1974, the Boys’ Department became the HTA Co-ed Department. Both the HTA Girls’ Department and the HTA Co-ed Department flourished under the directorship of Msgr. Isidro L. Jose.

The integration of the two departments was started in school year 1976-1977. Subsequent school directors, namely, Msgr. Danilo Pascual (1983-1988) and Msgr. Cesar Pagulayan (1988-1991) worked for the realization of this integration. Until this time, HTA has maintained the integrated basic education, more known as the Grade School Department and the High School Department.


RELIGIOUS SISTERS IN THE SCHOOL MINISTRY

The growth of the school is marked by the incalculable contribution of religious sisters from four congregations. Their presence has given the school a distinctive character of a Catholic school.

At the beginning of school year 1947-1948, two Franciscan sisters of the SFIC congregation came to teach upon the invitation of Fr. Bernardo Torres. They worked in the school for two years.

The Salesian sisters under the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians stayed in the school for 30 years (1958-1993). They initially managed co-ed classes from kindergarten to Grade 4 and exclusive sections for girls in Grade 5 and 6. Later on, they were responsible for the management of the HTA Girls’ Department.

Two Dominican sisters of St. Catherine of Siena came in school year 1993-1994 but stayed only for one year. After they left, the school did not have religious sisters until school year 1996-1997 with the coming of he Daughters of the Mary of the Assumption (fma). Presently, two sisters serve as faculty members in the Grade School and High School departments respectively.


STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS
While the religious sisters infuse into the school life the respective charism of their congregations, there was the felt need to clarify the identity of Holy Trinity Academy as a parochial school. This clarification of identity was stepped up by the then school director, Msgr. Manuel Gabriel, during his term from 1991 to 1998. A strategic direction pursued by Msgr. Manuel Gabriel was the founding of Technical-Vocational Education Department in 1995. It was designed to provide financially handicapped students with market-oriented skills for immediate employment. However, due to declining enrollment, the Tech-Voc Department was scrapped in 2006. The appointment of Rev. Fr. Enrico Martin F. Adoviso on January 1998 brought about a number of strategic thrusts for the school. The following directional thrusts were amplified for the period 2002-2007:

• Integration into the curriculum of the institutional core values of love, unity and equality
• Integrated framework for faculty development and administrative and staff development programs
• Improvement of the conditions of the faculty and review of evaluation, promotion and rewards systems to ensure the teacher’s contribution to the development of excellent academic programs
• Access to up-to-date technology to support the teaching-learning process
• Parish-based institutional outreach program to improve the quality of life of the underprivileged
• A long-term master plan for physical plant development aimed at creating an environment conducive to learning


In addition to the reiteration of the foregoing directional thrusts, the school administration resolved to include in the school’s strategic plan for 2007-2010 the following targets:
• Focus on transformative education in the area of care for the environment, gender sensitivity, good governance, with particular emphasis on justice and peace education
• Practice of Trinitarian spirituality-based pedagogy
• Faculty and staff commitment to research and development
• Community-wide support for the night school and scholarship programs for deserving students

In the year 2000, Sister Laureana Polinar, fma took the post as HS principal and Sister Jesiela Deguilmo, fma as GS principal respectively. Due to change of assignments, a new principal for both departments took the post. Mrs. Teresa T. Trajano was assigned as OIC for the high school from 2005 – 2006 and HS principal in 2006-2007. On the other hand, Sister Erlinda Factura, fma was assigned as GS principal from 2005 – 2009, but in the HS department, Dr. Evelyn B. Tallod took the post as principal from 2007- 2009. The year 2009 marked a milestone for the HTA family since the school had its PAASCU Preliminary Survey Visit. The school in its quest for excellence continued as the school got its candidate status on December in that same year. Classrooms were equipped with televisions to address the instructional needs of the students. The school also started the implementation of the science curriculum in the high school department and for the pilot sections. In the year 2011, sometime in November, the school acquired a Level 1 accreditation status for both departments under the directorship of Rev. Fr. Enrico Martin Adoviso and an institutional principal, Evelyn B. Tallod, Ed.D.

Change was inevitable that the Academy has to embrace anew in terms of its administration. In May 2014, a new director and an assistant director assumed their posts as mandated by the Archdiocese of Manila. In the academic year 2014 – 2015, Rev. Fr. Marion C. Munda, Ph.D. was installed as school director while Rev. Fr. Leo Angelo S. Ignacio, M.A. Ed. was installed as assistant director. Part of these changes is the clustering of schools where HTA is part of a cluster of schools with three members. The idea of clustering is to help small schools in terms of resources sharing with the hope of achieving the motto” No school is left behind”. Since the present director believes in the dreams of the past administration, the school earnestly worked on the demands of PAASCU and passed the Level 2 last December 2015. To further widen its horizon, the school opened its first operation of the Senior High School to both the graduates of the private and public schools, offering only a minimal fee without sacrificing quality.

It is with fervent hope and prayer that HOLY TRINITY ACADEMY brings forth inspiration to every life it touches with the help of each of its stakeholders and that the entire school community looks forward to greater achievements in evangelization through excellent Catholic education, with expectant faith on the extravagant mercies of the Triune God and the powerful intercession of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity.

As mandated by His Eminence Gaudencio B. Cardinal Rosales, the Archdiocesan Vision statement is adopted by Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila Educational System (RCAM-ES) schools as their vision, while the existing school vision statement becomes the school’s identity.


VISION OF THE ARCHDIOCESE OF MANILA

A people called by the Father in Jesus Christ to become a Community of persons with Fullness of Life witnessing to the Kingdom of God by living the Paschal Mystery in the power of the Holy Spirit with Mary as Companion.


SCHOOL IDENTITY

Holy Trinity Academy is a Catholic, parochial school founded in 1947. The institution participates in the evangelizing mission of the Church and serves as partner of the Most Holy Trinity parish in building a Christ-centered community.

Inspired by the value of unity, love, and equality, the institution endeavors to become a dynamic instrument of social transformation by offering an integral quality education to form committed, productive, service-oriented Christians, who are academically competent and responsive to the challenges of the times.

MISSION

Guided by this vision, HTA will become a model parochial school that offers a relevant, students and family centered curriculum with religion at the core; integrates institutional values of Love, Unity and Equality; and imbues learners with a sense of social responsibility.